Friday, January 4, 2013


Friday, January 4, 2013


My Bags Are Packed ~ I'm Ready to Go

That little song keeps running through my head and with only a few days until departure on our next adventure, yes indeed, my bags are just about packed!

Mr. Weatherman (well, the weather app) says that the weather in Germany is going to be NICE! 30-40 degrees nice, but we were expecting 20 degrees of brrr!  They project snow in Switzerland (fancy that!) so our Florida Seabirds will enjoy being snowbirds for a bit!

(This photo is our departure location)
(But this photos shows why I am packing....wrong season, but same view!)

It has been exciting to pray for the 26 young people who are also packing their bags. I know some of them, and finally recognize others when I see them, but the process of praying for them makes me feel that maybe I know them a little more than I probably do. But then, God has a way of revealing things about the inner you, things that don't always show on the outside. My prayer for each student is that this little journey, or adventure, will open up the world for them a bit more...and help to define the direction they choose and the choices they make in the future.

Our tour guide sounds delightful and we will learn a lot from him as well. Hopefully we will all be great travelers and not just American tourists out to see the sites. All cultures have something wonderful to offer the world, and each other, so we will search for the best in them, and leave the best of us.

If you have not 'subscribed' yet...be sure to do so and stay tuned in for the updates about our travels to Germany and Switzerland for J-Term (January Term) 2013!
And be sure to pray that we stay well rested, healthy, and show others the love of Christ in us!

Now...to finish that packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment