Friday, January 4, 2013

Counting Down to Germany!

As hard as it is to believe, the "final" pre-departure meeting with parents is now behind me. Everyone has their travel booklet, filled with more information than anyone probably wants to know about. Much of the shopping is now complete. Students have their "Germany" garments, scarves, and backpacks and only have before them the challenge of selecting everything they think they will need and getting it to fit into a small suitcase.

Christmas vacation is at the doorstep and I will soon meet with students for our final classroom session. I find myself wondering things like...what they will choose as a journal theme, will they listen and buy shoes with treads and waterproofing, will they think that Germany cold is only a little colder than Florida cold, will they break out of their comfortable friend groups and get to know someone new?

Silly that it is, I look at travel as a great adventure, with so much to be learned. I also believe that God provided each with this opportunity for a reason. I hope they value that someone paid a lot for this, even if they worked to pay for it themselves! I hope they make the most of every waking moment so that they have a lot to reflect back on when they get home...and actually, for years to come.

I can hardly wait to start adding photos and providing daily updates!
Now I must pace myself, though I really do think of Germany and great kids a lot of the time!

Happy travels in the days to come!

1 comment:

  1. I have been thinking for days about your trip and decided to check in today. Glad I did. It is time already. I don't want to miss a single post. I look forward to the trip for all of you and to the vicarious trip for me. Stay warm. Be safe. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete